We are actively seeking applications from Meat Trimmers keen to take up a career within one of Europe’s leading food processing companies. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team at our Cross Hands site in Llanelli, who have a desire to produce better food naturally.
The role of a Meat Trimmer is to use their skill and expertise to cut and trim meat from larger, wholesale portions into steaks, chops, roasts, and other cuts. As a trimmer, you will have the responsibility for working as part of the production team, to produce products to specification, in line with food safety regulations and to the high quality expected by Dunbia customers.
Hourly rate: £9.72
- Ensuring that the knife and associated PPE integrity checks are completed before carrying out any tasks.
- Uses a knife in a safe manner at all times in line with company procedures.
- Confidently cutting product within weight and thickness parameters, achieving or exceeding the yield, giveaway and quality targets, ensuring that throughputs are maximised.
- Advising production management on issues with raw material quality and/or specification
- Build positive relationships with colleagues, Team Leaders, Room Leaders and Managers, within the business, offering support within your team, working positively towards the success of the team and generally being a positive force within the team.
- Understanding that your role is key to the effective operation of the line and you have specific responsibilities to ensure production runs efficiently.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment that supports team work and engagement on team performance.
- Full compliance and strict adherence to all Environmental, Health & Safety and Quality Standards laid out in departmental and site policies and procedures.
- Ensuring full understanding and compliance with risk assessments and SOPs
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area.
- Clearly communicating with Team Leader on all aspects of the job.
- Strict adherence to Health & Safety rules and procedures, including PPE.
- Ensure attention to detail.
- Have a good level of communication skills.
- Understand the importance of compliance with processes and procedures and the impact of these on Food Safety and Quality.
- Maintain production and quality standards laid down by the business, whilst ensuring that they are fully trained on Lean Manufacturing Practice and Continuous Improvement Processes.
- Have a desire to progress within the business and demonstrate a strong willingness to undertake all training required.
- Experience within a similar role would be advantageous – full training will be given.
- Immediate start
- Free car parking
- Weekly pay
- Permanent Full-Time work
- PPE (Personal protective equipment) provided
How to Apply:
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please download an application form, fully complete and email a copy to our HR Team at crosshandsHR@dunbia.com
Alternatively you can email a copy of your CV.
Job application forms can also be requested by calling 01269 846480 or by emailing the Human Resources Department directly at crosshandsHR@dunbia.com
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.