We are actively seeking applications from individuals keen to take up a career within one of Europe’s leading food processing companies. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team, who have a desire to produce better food naturally.
The role of Machine Minder will be considered a Senior Operative with responsibility for ensuring that machinery on a particular line or area is working appropriately and in line with production requirements, including producing products to specification, in line with food safety regulations and to the high quality expected by Dunbia customers.
- Start up, shut-down, and normal operation of the machine, to include crusting/slicing machines, grinding/blending/forming machines, sealing and labelling machines.
- Routine maintenance of the machines, following adequate training.
- Operation of more than one type of machine.
- Ability to safely and correctly operate machines onsite, enabling flexibility.
- Daily technical engagement with Engineering and Machinery Room Leader
- Daily start up checks.
- Build positive relationships with colleagues, Team Leaders, Room Leaders and Managers, within the business, offering support within your team, working positively towards the success of the team and generally being a positive force within the team.
- Co-operate and support colleagues and management, demonstrating the ability to contribute to the team atmosphere through hard work, calmness, tolerance and consistency
- Understanding that your role is key to the effective operation of the line and you have specific responsibilities to ensure production runs efficiently.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment that supports team work and engagement on team performance.
- Full compliance and strict adherence to all Environmental, Health & Safety and Quality Standards laid out in departmental and site policies and procedures.
- Ensuring full understanding and compliance with risk assessments and SOPs.
- Have experience operating machinery within a manufacturing facility
- Understand the importance of compliance with processes and procedures and the impact of these on Food Safety and Quality.
- Maintaining production and quality standards laid down by the business, whilst ensuring that they are fully trained on Lean Manufacturing Practice and Continuous Improvement Processes
- Have a desire to progress within the business and demonstrate a strong willingness to undertake all training required
- Possess relevant IT literacy skills.
- Immediate start
- Weekly pay
- Permanent Full-Time work
- PPE (Personal protective equipment) provided
- Opportunities to progress in your career
- Subsidised canteen
- Lucrative friends and family referral scheme (Up to £1,250 for 1 person reaching 6 months)
Sunday 6am – 6pm
Monday 6am – 6:30pm
Tuesday 3pm – 11pm
Wednesday 3pm – 11pm
Thursday 3pm – 11pm
Tuesday 6am – 2pm
Wednesday 6am – 2pm
Thursday 6am – 2pm
Friday 6am – 6:3o pm
Saturday 6am – 6pm
How to Apply:
Applicants will be required to provide proof to work in UK and complete an application form.
If you feel this is the role for you we welcome your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.