An Environmental Officer is required for a full-time role at our Llanybydder site in Carmarthenshire, who will be responsible for all environmental concerns across the whole site.
- Full compliance of the site NRW licence and all the related communication with relevant external bodies
- Controlling the operation, performance, cost, reporting and resourcing of the onsite Effluent Treatment Plant
- Leading the site energy and resource team to achieve energy, water and carbon reduction targets, through measuring, analysis and reporting activities.
- Capturing all relevant data relating to effluent, energy, water, waste and sustainability measures; and formatting such to form KPI’s and EnPI’s for reporting.
- Maintain and improve ISO50001 Energy management and ISO140001 Environmental Management System on site.
- Complete site energy/environmental audits to identify opportunities for improvement and improve climate change resilience.
- Co-ordinate all waste management practices on site in line with group goals
- Liaise with wider group environmental team on upcoming sustainability projects and strategies
- Promote and manage excellent relationships with suppliers and other service partners, i.e. contractors etc.
- A relevant 3rd level Environmental/Engineering qualification (preferably B.Sc.\B.E. degree in engineering) or similar.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar food industry role
- Audit experience and comfortable to deal with governing bodies
- Team player capable of working in a large operational team
- A good knowledge of mechanical, electrical and environmental engineering techniques, managing large amounts of data, report writing, and legislation.
- Excellent IT skills, including proficient use of MS Office suite, particularly excel.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English.
- The ability to work as both part of a team and independently is essential.
- Access to own vehicle and Full UK Driving Licence Desired.
How to apply
Please send your CV detailing how you meet the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org