A vacancy has arisen for a Despatch Operative working in the fast paced Despatch department at our site Cross Hands in Carmarthenshire. The main function of the role is to ensure that products are despatched on time and to customer specifications. We are actively seeking applications from individuals keen to take up a career within one of Europe’s leading food processing companies. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team, who have a desire to produce better food naturally.
- Manual lifting, picking, scanning and loading trailers of daily orders for customer.
- Loading and unloading in bound and out bound trailers
- Moving pallets and product and scanning to the correct locations
- Wrapping, labelling and securing pallets to ensure stability and safety during transport.
- Communicating with other departments (Logistics, Planning, Sales and Transport)
- Process Customers paperwork and sealing trailers.
- Carry out all requests and tasks in a helpful and professional manner.
- To undertake any reasonable additional requests made by Supervisors or Managers to ensure that the overall contract service standard is maintained.
- Ensuring Good Housekeeping in the Despatch department.
- Crate washing, ensuring that crates are washed to the required standard using the designated machine.
- Relevant experience in a similar role would be beneficial but not essential.
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy skills.
- A positive thinking and self-motivated individual.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Reliable and possessing your own transport.
- The ability to work within a team as well as independently and who works on their own initiative.
- Committed to working within the Company Mission, Vision & Values.
- Immediate start
- Free car parking
- Free tea & coffee
- Weekly pay
- Permanent Full-Time work
- PPE (Personal protective equipment) provided
The 4 on 4 off shift pattern will either be days (6am – 6pm)
or nights (6pm – 6am).
How to Apply:
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please contact Amanda.Williams@dunbia.com
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.