Great Taste, the world’s most trusted food and drink awards, has announced its stars of 2022. We are delighted to announce that we have been recognised with 8 awards at the prestigious Great Taste Awards, organised by the Guild of Fine Food.
Judged by some of the most discerning palates, belonging to food critics, chefs, cooks, restaurateurs, buyers, retailers and producers, as well as food writers and journalists, Great Taste is the most coveted of all food and drink awards. As well as a badge of honour, the unmistakeable black and gold Great Taste label is a signpost to an outstanding product, which has been discovered through hours and hours of blind tasting.
- West Country Choice PGI Dry Aged Rib on the Bone
Judges comments included: “An extremely well butchered, tender bit of beef that has clearly been well cared for. The fat is creamy and literally melts in your mouth. There is a real depth of flavour and smooth texture.”
- Welsh Hill Lamb Eye of Loin
Judges comments included: “Deeply tender, indeed almost buttery in texture, belying the remarkable depth of flavour, with touches of iron as well as the anticipated grassiness. The crust on the fat is entirely delicious. A near-perfect meld of mature depth of flavour and seductive tenderness.”
- West Country Choice PGI Dry Aged Flat Iron Steak
- West Country Choice PGI Dry Aged Sirloin on the Bone
- Rose County Flat Iron Steak
- Ridings Reserve 30 Day Dry Aged Ribeye steak
- Ridings Reserve 30 Day Dry Aged Picanha
- Ridings Reserve Bavette D’Aloyau Steak
All Winners can be viewed here