Dunbia, which has operations in thirteen locations across the UK, has been recognised with 9 awards at the prestigious Great Taste Awards, organised by the Guild of Fine Food.
As the UK division of the Dawn Meats Group, Dunbia was premium beef and lamb supplier of choice to a wide range of blue-chip food businesses in over 40 countries, celebrating top ranked 3 Star awards for its:
- Borders Lamb Shoulder Joint of which the judging panel remarked “the depth of flavour is truly remarkable”
- Caledonia Crown Aberdeen Angus matured marbled Standing Rib described by the judging panel as “simply beef at its best”
In 2018 over 500 judges assessed entries from March through to early July. 12,634 products were entered in 2018.
Dunbia was also awarded the following;
- 30 Day Matured Ridings reserve Native Breed Tomahawk Steak (2 Stars)
- Borders Lamb Rack Cap On (2 Stars)
- Caledonian Crown Scotch Matured Marbled Ribeye (2 Stars)
- West Country Choice PGI Matured Cowboy Steak (2 Stars)
- Ridings Reserve Dry Aged Hanger Steak (1 Star)
- Borders Lamb Chump (1 Star)
- West Country Choice PGI Matured T-Bone Steak (1 Star)
Commenting on the awards, Executive Chairman of Dunbia, Niall Browne said, “Well done to our teams across the UK who have outdone themselves this year, in their dedication to quality, taste and presentation. This recognition is a great result for the team and their collaboration with our farmer suppliers.”
Great Taste, organised by the Guild of Fine Food, is the acknowledged benchmark for speciality food and drink. It has been described as the ‘Oscars’ of the food world and the ‘epicurean equivalent of the Booker Prize’.