At Dunbia no day will be the same, if you’re looking for a business which challenges you to think outside the box then this programme is for you. We’re offering you an opportunity through our graduate scheme to ensure you thrive in your chosen field and gain invaluable on-the-job experience. Our graduate programme is interesting, varied and challenging. It’s designed to prepare you to move directly into a management position, skipping over entry-level roles.
As a Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Graduate you will primarily assist the Category’s buyers responsible to support both Irish and UK sites who are overhauling high risk projects resulting in new solutions for the business. You will provide tendering and project deployment support to help the sites implement change whilst working in a FMCG environment. You will gain experience in a multitude of categories as requirements arise to support cross functional departments.
In order to gain a good understanding of the systems in place, the role will be substantially administrative for the first 3-6 months, thereafter leniency will be provided to select and prioritise projects based on the data gathered outcomes and project priorities. Efficiency and proactiveness are essential skills needed for this role, as you will be working within the tendering guidelines and corresponding legislative requirements.
Typical activities include;
- Populating & Classifying Spend Software & Advanced excel worksheets to monitor trends
- Executing administrative duties to best support the Category Buyers
- Reviewing and comparing all submissions and Prequalifying suppliers
- Participating in Negotiations and Ad-hoc problem solving
- Category & Account Reconciliation
Travel to different sites in the UK and Ireland is a requirement (initially to meet your stakeholders and thereafter to support sites throughout projects and category management). Currently all travel is restricted, when restrictions are lifted, travel is estimated to be 1-5 days per month, mileage allowance is provided.
Our Brighter Futures Programme
Our training and development schemes are unmatched, and not only will you be learning from fully trained and passionate individuals, but you will also receive:
- Dedicated mentor
- Direct access to senior leaders
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training