Joining the company through the Graduate Programme will provide you with an opportunity to understand the business, build strong relationships, participate in continuous improvement projects and set career objectives, all of which are about preparing you for a leadership role, supporting the development of your skills and knowledge and helping you gain the necessary experience to ensure that you have a successful and fulfilling career within the Health Safety Environmental Department.
Our working environment is like no other. With strong family and entrepreneurial values at the heart of our corporate culture, we promote a social and relaxed feel to our offices, which is reflected in the open-planned layout. We make an effort to hold social events which we feel is an important part of building strong working relationships with colleagues ultimately leading to better communication between employees.
This is an exciting opportunity to part of our Cross Hands family, based at our Dunbia site in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire.
As a Health Safety & Environmental Graduate, your knowledge and skills will be used to promote a positive health and safety culture in Dunbia Cross Hands, ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation, as well as the site policies and practices are adopted and adhered to. You will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team, as your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of Health Safety and Environmental within the business and your responsibility will increase.
As part of this exciting team you will gain a wide range of business skills, through continuous on the job development with coaching and mentoring. Your role will see you tackle a wide range of business challenges in a busy environment, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating accident investigations
- Assist/develop and complete risk assessments
- Assist/develop and complete CoSHH assessments
- Assist/develop and complete SWPs
- Assist in delivering H&S training requirements
- Carry out site inspections and audits
- Controlling & organising H&S documentation
- Facilitating the site H&S Committee
- Monitoring site fire safety
- Maintaining electronic accident data and maintaining accident records and investigations
- Produce local safety & emergency procedures
- Monitoring of PPM & Statutory Inspections
- Monitor first aid provision and supplies
- Complete specific health & safety related projects
- Maintain and improve the Environmental Management System on site to ISO 14001 standard
- Maintain and improve the Energy Management System on site to ISO 50001 standard
- Undertake audits on site to ensure our IPPC permit is being adhered to
- To work with a continuous improvement mindset
As a HSE Graduate you will have:
- An interest in health, safety and fire
- A good commercial approach to business risk
- Good negotiating and self-organisation skills
- Ability to produce detailed reports and analyse numerical information
Our Brighter Futures Programme
Our training and development schemes are unmatched, and not only will you be learning from fully trained and passionate individuals, but you will also receive:
- Dedicated mentor
- Direct access to senior leaders
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training
Please be aware that applicants for this role must have a ‘Right to Work’ in the UK and be able to provide documentation to this effect. Dunbia cannot consider Employer sponsorship for this role.