Dunbia, is one of Europe’s leading and respected suppliers of top-quality Beef, Pork and Lamb products for the national and international retail, commercial and foodservice markets. At Dunbia, we are unashamedly passionate about our business and we welcome progressive individuals who will share our passion and contribute positively to the further success of the Company. The Group now wishes to recruit for the following position based at Dunbia (Highland), Ayrshire, Scotland.
We require trainee Butchers and Slaughtermen to work alongside the current existing graded team members to learn the basic knife skills with the potential for future development within our teams in the Boning Hall and Abattoir production areas.
- Working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment to slaughter, training to be able to de-bone and trim beef carcase and trim primals to the required customer specifications.
- Remove primal cuts from carcase cuts following the correct cutting lines and seams
- Ensure any bones removed are as “clean” as possible
- Correct any defects that may occur, to bring to specification
- Working to the relevant customer specification
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a team
- Good time keeping and attendance
- Be self-motivated
- Have attention to detail
- Take pride in their work
- Be committed to working within the Company Mission, Vision & Values
- Immediate start
- PPE (Personal protective equipment) provided as standard
- 28 days holiday per year (which includes bank holidays)
- Free car parking available
- £25 per week Production Bonus (criteria applies)
- Death in Service Scheme
- Opportunity to move onto the Butchery Academy after 6 months successful probation (increased hourly rate whilst in the academy)
- Future potential development opportunities onto graded positions which includes increased hourly rates, plus bonus payments
How to Apply:
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please email a completed application form to HRhighlandmeats@dunbia.com or post completed application forms to the HR Department, Highland Meats, Blakely Road, Saltcoats, KA21 5JQ
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.