Working with local farmers to produce consistent quality lamb from naturally sustainable sources, we are actively seeking applications from individuals keen to take up a career within one of Europe’s leading food processing companies.
We have several places available to apply for a Trainee Butcher position. We will provide training to transform you from a General Operative to a Skilled Butcher. If you have the enthusiasm to learn, we will provide the resources to support you to achieve your goals.
- General knife duties
- Ensuring knife safety training and guidelines are followed
- Ensuring correct cleaning procedure of knives and PPE is always followed
- Ensuring correct storage procedure of knives and PPE is always followed
- Learning trimming and preparing of loins for processing
- Learning de-boning of shoulders and trimming
- Learning de-boning of legs and trimming
- Following customer specification standards (QAS)
- Maintaining current yields and quality standards
- Adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices i.e. Dropped Meat Policy
- Be committed to progressing their career
- Receive training to use various apparatus and meat cutting tools and machines
- Be self-motivated
- Have attention to detail
- Take pride in their work
- Have the ability to work within a team
- Be committed to working within the Company Mission, Vision & Values
- Immediate start
- Free car parking
- Weekly pay
- Permanent Full-Time work
- PPE (Personal protective equipment) provided
- Free tea and coffee
Full training will be given for these roles.
How to Apply: If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please email a completed application form to LlanybydderHR@dunbia.com or post completed application forms to the HR Department, Dunbia Llanybydder, Teify Park, Lampeter Road, Llanybydder, Carmarthenshire, SA40 9QE. Download the Application Form here
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.