Reporting to the Manager, the Food Safety & Quality Team Leader will provide effective support in running production lines in accordance with product specifications, company standards and procedures regarding Hygiene, Safety, Quality, Quantity and Cost.
The role will have responsibility for providing support, direction and support to Production Operatives within the team. Working closely with the Management Team, the Team Leader will have responsibility for the efficiency and effectiveness of the team as well as the Quality of the product produced by the team.
Position Hourly rate: £11.53
The post holder will have departmental responsibility for:
- Monitoring Production Line Standards in Quality, Safety and Process.
- Employee Performance & Development.
- Delivering on Company Mission, Vision & Values.
- Supporting the Management of the shift.
- Providing leadership, direction and support to Production Operatives within the team in order to achieve agreed targets and deadlines.
- Working closely with the Management Team to drive efficiency and effectiveness within the department, while ensuring that we maintain Quality standards and adherence to specifications.
- Plan, organise and manage labour resources to ensure the Departmental Plan is met.
- Work constructively with all depts inc Food Safety & Quality, Engineering, NPD, HR & H&S
- Maintain Health, Safety, Hygiene and food quality standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations.
- Be able to illustrate a proven track record in a similar role, ideally from within a food manufacturing environment.
- Have a clear understanding of food hygiene, food safety, HACCP, health and safety and quality systems.
- Results driven and ability to improve performance within the department.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to drive performance and develop the team
- Possess excellent organisational skills with ability to plan workloads effectively to meet deadlines.
- Be able to demonstrate Leadership skills, be confident and committed and able to accept responsibility.
- Have strong communication skills, both verbal and written in English is essential in this role as is the ability to operate computers and computer software.
- Be able to develop effective working relationships with all departments
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV or complete an application form and submit to HR Department, Dunbia (Cross Hands), Cross Hands Food Park, Cross Hands, Llanelli, SA14 6RF. Tel. 01269 846480, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.