A vacancy has arisen for a Stores Operative. The successful candidate will be responsible for issuing all PPE equipment and laundry to staff and visitors. Receiving, storing, moving, and issuing all non-meat production materials, including stationary, packaging, etc. within the stores department.
- Overseeing and issuing laundry, checking each consignment, reporting any discrepancies, filling in the intake and despatch laundry records and maintaining accurate stock system data.
- Maintaining lockers, issuing keys/padlocks and ensuring they are in acceptable working order. Liaising with HR regarding PPE/locker requirements for new starters and PPE/locker returns for leavers.
- Carrying out accurate daily/weekly and ad-hoc stock counts and ensuring that stock is at optimum levels. Recording this information and reporting back to the Stock Control Co-ordinator.
- Assist with the receiving, storing, moving, and issuing all non-meat production materials, including stationary, packaging, labels, etc. as and when required.
- Checking and signing for delivered items, ensuring zero damage and correct quantities are received.
- Acting as a packaging runner ensuring departments have boxes, bags, labels, and consumables in a timely manner without causing any downtime.
- Manually moving items from/to high-level loading platform in correct and safe manner to their allocated storage areas.
- Manually pulling pallets from/to the storage area using a pallet truck, as well as manually lifting boxes of packaging.
- Ensuring adequate stock is available in readiness for the day’s production.
- Liaising with the Transport team to ensure efficient loading/movement/despatch of all palletised items between storage areas as and when required.
- Ensuring that stringent stock rotation is always adhered to and operating computerised stock system when required.
- Dealing with daily queries in a professional and helpful manner, informing Stock Control Co-ordinator of any potential issues, as well as informing other departments of delivered issues all in a timely manner.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to plan workloads effectively to meet deadlines.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, commitment and the ability to accept responsibility are key in this role.
- Strong IT skills and proficiency with MS Office Applications, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Holding a valid licence to drive a Forklift Truck, particularly a Bendy, would be advantageous.
- Will be committed to working within the Company Mission, Vision & Values
How to Apply:
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please email a completed application form to LlanybydderHR@dunbia.com or post completed application forms to the HR Department, Dunbia Llanybydder, Teify Park, Lampeter Road, Llanybydder, Carmarthenshire, SA40 9QE
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.