This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join one of Europe’s leading meat processing companies. The Senior Development Chef based at Cross Hands, Llanelli, Carmarthen is accountable for leading an area of responsibility to achieve the performance of the factory ensuring operational effectiveness is maximized, ensuring KPIs are met, high technical standards are maintained, and quality standards are achieved, through the development of people, processes, and systems.
- Support Head Development Chef in leading & Managing the Culinary team (Chefs & Assistants) on a day to day and project to project basis.
- Lead the culinary development on concept to ‘approval for launch’ products and consultancy on ‘post approved products’ to launch for external customer generated briefs and internal projects, ensuring they deliver against Dunbia’s business plans, maximising profitability for the company and customer.
- Chair initial internal briefing session for idealisation with brief stakeholders.
- Coordinate and lead the physical development and sampling of food products based on external customer generated briefs and internal projects.
- Driving continuous improvement both on and off site with customers and suppliers.
- Stay abreast to consumer trends and insights in conjunction with internal and external marketing resources.
- Provide consultancy on food and quality related issues within the business to help support customer relationships, continues improvements and environmental agendas, and Dunbia’s business plans.
- Travel both domestic and internationally depending on business and/or customer needs.
- Liaise with a range of suppliers across several manufacturing disciplines to deliver external customer generated briefs and internal projects ensuring the developed third party ingredients meets Dunbia’s Policy & Procedures, Retailer Codes of Practice, BRC Standard requirements and industry best practices using internal documentation (NR.048) to support.
- This role is full time and requires the job holder to be based on site.
- Leading the development of new products based on external customer generated briefs and internal projects to deliver Dunbia’s business plans, maximising profitability for the company and customer, working in direct collaboration with the wider brief team and site stakeholders.
- Liaising with approved existing ingredient suppliers to develop end product inclusions against briefs ensuring they meet Dunbia’s Policy & Procedures, Retailer Codes of Practice, BRC Standard requirements and industry best practices using internal documentation (NR.048) to support.
- Consulting on food related business queries.
- Identifying new food and consumer trends that can be applied to day-to-day development.
- Driving innovation and category newness in parallel with site and business stakeholders.
- End to end physical sample coordination and approval in phase 1 and 2 (NR.050) for customer or internal sample preparation requirements of NPD and EPD products.
- Leading the cooking, serving and culinary insight at customer presentations in collaboration with the brief team and also at any additional off/on-site food related events/meetings as directed by the department manager.
- Ensuring kitchen working areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Providing business lunches and hospitality for internal and external members/teams.
- Deliver and support upon any additional culinary needs Dunbia or Dawn Meats require to better benefit the overall business.
- Any other business-related duties or tasks as set by the Group Head Development Chef or Group Head of NPD and Innovation.
- Personal hygiene standards are met in accordance with Dunbia’s company’s policies, and a professional manner is maintained at all times.
- All NPD & EPD activities are conducted in accordance with Dunbia’s Policy & Procedures, Retailer Codes of Practice, BRC Standard requirements and industry best practice.
- Information is recorded and stored in accordance with department and business standards in a systematic, timely, orderly, and maintained manner.
- Company, industry, and retailer requirements pertaining to food safety, quality & legality are met, ensuring any areas of concern with regards a product/process are escalated to their line or department Manager so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Health and Safety standards are maintained in accordance with company rules & regulations.
- Hygiene standards are maintained in accordance with company rules & regulations.
- Relationships with customer and supplier base are professionally maintained.
HOW TO APPLY
If this is the role for you please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details on how you meet the criteria above.
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.