The Dawn Meats Group is one of Europe’s leading food processing companies and operates as Dunbia in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who have a desire to produce better food naturally.
What’s special about this vacancy is that we’re open to considering anyone with a reasonable amount of experience and the salary will be reflective. We’re looking for long term value for both parties, so want someone that’s going to be with us for many years. You could have 3 or 4 years under your belt or 20 plus years, it doesn’t matter. The team will look at where you are in your career and the right person will be recruited.
- Management of the design, implementation, and handover of up to 4 multi-disciplinary engineering projects; focusing on a broad range of Group Projects from Building Services, Production facility Upgrades, Project management of small and large-scale projects;
- Implement and adhere to company project management procedures and SOPs to deliver projects;
- Design and tender of engineering projects, including generating user requirement specifications, tender specifications and tender drawings;
- Verification, commissioning and handover of engineering systems to end users;
- Develop project budgets and manage for the lifecycle of the project;
- Work as part of a wider project team and assist in the delivery of key projects;
- Facilitate and participate in the department’s continuous improvement program.
- Design and implement engineering systems and upgrades;
- Provide technical support to production sites.
Who we’re looking for
As mentioned we’re very open on the profile of who will be successful and will assess flexibly not only experience, skills and knowledge, but also motivation and culture fit. Here’s some further requirements to consider:
- Experience in a Project Engineering role within Engineering Project Management functions with experience working on medium and large-scale capital projects;
- Generalist experience is a benefit, but a natural bias towards Mechanical/electrical can be supported within any project;
- A Degree in, Building Services Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Project Management;
- Proficiency in MS Office, including MS Project AND Excellent AutoCAD skills;
- Able to plan and organise effectively. With proven experience in delivering projects from conception to completion;
- Proven budget management experience with knowledge of H&S requirements and legislation;
- Experience of refrigeration &/ the food industry would be useful, but not essential.
- Certified qualification in Project Management preferable;
Our locations & travel:
While flexible on location, with a reasonable amount of homeworking, there will be a need to come to site(s) for meetings and where projects are being undertaken. So you’ll ideally be located within an hour of one of our sites. There will be a fair amount of travel required. Of course fuel, food and accommodation are paid for where this is necessary. Here are some of our locations:
- Cross Hands and Llanybydder in West Wales.
- Preston and Sawley in Lancashire, with Carnaby on the East Coast.
- Dungannon, Northern Ireland & Saltcoats in Ayreshire Scotland.
- Treburley and Hatherleigh in the South West.
How to Apply:
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.