A fantastic and exciting role as a Process Technologist has become available at our Cross Hands site in Wales. This is an opportunity to work within a multidisciplinary structure, ensuring that, as one of the UK’s largest Meat Processors, exciting new products are launched successfully, delivered efficiently, and in a safe and timely manner.
Due to our continued growth and expansion within the UK and Ireland, this role will support the future growth and business development strategy within our entire customer base. As a key representative of the New Product Development Team within the company, this role will provide opportunity for personal growth and development while collaborating with all site disciplines and supporting a high performing and effective NPD Team.
- To supporting the NPD Account Manager in the facilitation, generation and implementation of new and modified products on site through the critical path, in conjunction with all appropriate stakeholders.
- To work proactively in all aspects of NPD in respect to new processes, machinery and product improvements.
- To support the NPD Account Manager with research and development projects as and when required.
- To liaise and communicate with suppliers, third parties & external providers of expertise, where appropriate.
- To liaise and communicate with all internal stakeholders to develop and deliver food-safe, legally compliant new and modified lines from the site
- To support the NPD Account Manager to ensure All NPD & EPD is presented and co-ordinated to the retail and/or food service customer in a professional and efficient manner.
- To ensure that all factory trials and pre-productions are managed in a professional and organised manner involving the relevant stakeholders
- To ensure that all appropriate NPD & EPD activities are conducted in accordance with Dunbia’s policies and procedures to meet the requirements of the customer, the BRC standard, company objectives and industry best practice.
- To support the NPD Account Manager to ensure all relevant information with regards to specifications, procedures and analysis for products approved to launch is co-owned and co-approved between departments.
- To ensure that all information is stored and is retrievable in a systematic, orderly and maintained manner.
- To support the NPD Account Manager to ensure that positive relationships with the customer and their key personnel are strongly built and developed alongside the Commercial Account Manager and Technical Account Manager.
- 2years + Food industry experience, preferably in a Product Development / Process role.
- Science/ Food Science/ other related discipline qualification at higher education level, OR equivalent experience in industry.
- Exposure to the understanding of foodservice/ retail customers, including some of the ‘Big 4’ UK retailers.
- Organisational skills to enable the management and development of multiple projects
- Understanding and working knowledge of food science, manufacturing process & associated food production machinery
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on your own initiative
- Willing to build knowledge base above and beyond core experience
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV or complete an application form and submit to HR Department, Dunbia (Cross Hands), Cross Hands Food Park, Cross Hands, Llanelli, SA14 6RF. email: firstname.lastname@example.org