This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join one of Europe’s leading meat processing companies.
The Payroll Assistant will support the Payroll Manager in the preparation and running of the weekly payroll for the Cross Hands site. Being the first point of contact for payroll queries and ensuring that all issues are resolved with a sense of urgency and integrity.
- Assist with the running of the payroll system on a weekly basis, providing relevant reports.
- Providing cover for the Payroll Manager during period of annual leave and absence.
- Ensure that all employee queries are responded to in timely and efficient manner and payroll discrepancies are resolved with a sense of urgency and integrity.
- Contribute to the statutory obligations of the Payroll function, for example HMRC submissions, year-end processes, RTI and payment obligations.
- Check Time & Attendance recording for designated areas, identifying any issues with working patterns and any anomalies to individual time cards.
- Ensure any early starts are authorised by department managers and processed in Core.
- Support staff induction by way of payroll presentation and ensure that all required paperwork is completed and inputted on the Core system within 24 hours of starting.
- Input new starters, amendments, transfers, act ups and rate changes on the Core and HR system.
- Print staff cards for new starters, as well as issuing replacements for current employees. Print cards for other sites as and when required.
- Ensure that Fire Assembly Points are assigned correctly to all employees and contractors.
- Process leaver information such as holiday entitlements and balances.
- Collate departmental registers and track against Core system, ensuring that all RTWs are completed on time and in the correct manner.
- Record absence daily using information from absence line on Core, Absence log and daily absences. Email to relevant managers, highlighting areas of concern.
- Report headcount figures on a weekly basis to the HR Manager, including agency and contractors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and ability to follow procedures and processes
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Packages including Excel and Outlook
- Highly organised with evidenced ability to manage time
- Willingness to learn a variety of skills
- Experience with administrative tasks
- Numerical and Analytical skills
Mon-Fri, on site position (no remote working), monthly paid.
How to Apply:
For a full job description of the role, please contact Amanda.Williams@dunbia.com If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV or complete an application form and submit to:
HR Department, Dunbia (Cross Hands), Cross Hands Food Park, Cross Hands, Llanelli, SA14 6RF
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.