The successful PACKAGING TECHNOLOGIST must be a subject matter expert in packaging material technologies and packaging solutions with a responsibility for facilitating multi- discipline collaboration in packaging development with NPD, Technical, Purchasing and Sales.
You will project manage new packaging development projects and identify new and innovative packaging concepts and validate whether they are commercially viable and fit for purpose. The Applicant can be based at either our Cross Hands (Llanelli), Dungannon or Preston sites, dependent on applicants location.
REPORTING TO: Group Packaging Developer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: £28,000 to £33,000 per year
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Understand the product structure and speciﬁcations of all packaging at Dunbia.
- Engage with Packaging Technologist resources at key customer accounts to understand and inform customer packaging strategies and translate these into Dunbia action plans.
- Provide packaging technical subject matter expertise and guidance and support to the NPD and Commercial teams.
- Project manage new packaging initiative.
- Implement processes that ensure packaging development is controlled and aligned to customer and internal standards.
- Ensure new packaging initiatives are well communicated to key stakeholders.
- Test new packaging concepts and ensure these are fully tested and viable from an operations, technical and commercial viewpoint.
- Help prepare packaging samples for customer meetings.
- Lead value engineering projects that review the end to end lifecycle of packaging to drive functional, environmental and economic benefits in packaging supply.
- Implement a packaging test programme that periodically validates packaging speciﬁcation and ensures packaging is ﬁt for purpose.
- Oversee the maintenance of a library of packaging specifications for the Group.
- Identify where packaging may be over-speciﬁed and take a risk-based approach to aligning speciﬁcation to requirements.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will be required to possess the following competencies:
- Previous experience in packaging of fresh and frozen protein / chilled supply chain products as a starting point.
- Previous experience as a packaging technologist, packaging design engineer, or similar specialism.
- Knowledge of plastic polymer science.
- Organisational / project management skills.
- Experience with paper-based packaging (corrugate, solid board).
- Knowledge of various print technologies and processes.
- As this role will be a key interface between several departments, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Computer literate.
- Must have good customer facing skills with a strong commercial awareness.
- Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence
- Able to enjoy working within a fast-moving environment with change and high expectations.
How to Apply:
Send a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org