A fantastic and exciting role as an NPD Account Manager has become available at our Cross Hands site in Wales. This is an opportunity to work within a multidisciplinary structure, ensuring that, as one of the UK’s largest Meat Processors, exciting new products are launched successfully, delivered efficiently, and in a safe and timely manner.
Due to our continued growth and expansion within the UK and Ireland, this role will support the future growth and business development strategy within our entire customer base. As a key representative of the New Product Development Team within the company, this role will provide opportunity for personal growth and development whilst collaborating with all site disciplines and supporting a high performing and effective NPD Team.
Management of the NPD process to ensure new and re-developed products are launched successfully, delivered efficiently and in a timely and cost-effective manner for the business in line with customer codes of practice and in conjunction with all appropriate stakeholders
The NPD Manager will ensure that:
- All NPD & EPD is co-ordinated and presented to the customer in a professional and efficient manner
- Product concepts from the Development Chefs are scaled up in the factory in a professional and organised manner for timely and accurate delivery to the customer
- All NPD & EPD activities are conducted in accordance with Dunbia’s Policies and procedures to meet the requirements of namely, the customer, the BRC standard, company objectives and industry best practice
- All relevant information with regards to specifications, procedures and analysis for products approved to launch is co-owned and co-approved between departments
- All information is stored and is retrievable in a systematic, orderly and maintained manner
- Positive relationships with the customer and their key personnel are strongly built and developed alongside the Commercial Account Manager and Technical Account Manager
The NPD Manager has responsibility for:
- Liaising and communicating with the Customer to develop strong and positive relationships with key personnel
- Working closely with the Development Chefs and the Commercial Team to ensure that all information is co-owned, co-approved and appropriate to the brief
- Working with other site disciplines to ensure the food safety, quality and legality of all new and modified products
- Ensuring the appropriate maintenance of records of NPD activities to ensure audit compliance in NPD & EPD activities
- Working proactively within the scope of relevant food trends and innovation, in collaboration with the Development Chefs, Marketing Team and the Customer
- Working proactively with respect to new processes, machinery, capabilities and product improvement. This includes the undertaking of R&D projects, as appropriate
- Liaising and communicating with suppliers, third parties & external providers of expertise.
- Liaising and communicating with all internal stakeholders to develop and deliver food-safe, legally compliant new and modified lines from the site
The right person will have:
- Extensive Food industry experience, preferably in a Product Development role.
- Science/ Food Science/ other related discipline qualification at higher education level, OR equivalent experience in industry.
- Exposure to the understanding of foodservice/ retail customers ways of working, including some of the ‘Big 4’ UK retailers.
- Organisational skills to enable the management and development of multiple projects
- Understanding and working knowledge of food science and manufacturing process
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on your own initiative
- Willing to build knowledge base above and beyond core experience
- Full UK driving licence
How to Apply:
If you feel you have the skills to perform this role, please apply confirming how you meet the criteria above.
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.
How to Apply:
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please email a ask for a form application form to Amanda.Williams@dunbia.com
opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.