Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the objective of this role is to attend any machine issue, determining whether the fault is mechanical or electrical and rectifying or escalating quickly. To ensure that temporary repairs are handed over properly and in a timely manner.
- 4 on 4 off nights shift pattern, 6.00 pm – 6.00 am
- Hourly rate: £14.93
Our Engineers are essential to the day to day operations of the business. They oversee the electrical and mechanical needs of the equipment and machinery required in the process of manufacturing food. They strive to maximise site productivity by engaging in preventive actions in reference to health and safety, good manufacturing practices (GMP), hygiene compliance, and performance of routine maintenance of machines and equipment.
Essential knowledge & qualifications:
- The candidate should understand engineering requirements and efficiency, with at least 1 years’ experience in an FMCG chilled environment engineering team. Should be proficient in; Microsoft; Word and Excel
- Apprentice trained with a recognised engineering qualification
- Vision, flexibility and open to change
- Ability to follow rules and boundaries, delegate, challenge and respectfully enforce
- Should comply with; safety, technical and statutory requirements
- Civil, M&E and Machinery should be fit for customer purpose
- Must reduce reactance by detailed shift reporting, alignment, closure and escalation
- Able to plan and successfully implement maintenance quotas using a respectful, can-do approach
- Safe-guarding apprentices as applicable.
- Immediate Start
- Factory Staff Shop
- Subsidised Canteen
- Free Car Parking
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Breaks
- Permanent Full-Time work
- PPE (Personal protective equipment) provided
How to Apply:
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please download an application form, fully complete and email a copy to our HR Team at crosshandsHR@dunbia.com
Alternatively, you can email a copy of your CV.
Job application forms can also be requested by calling 01269 846480 or by emailing the Human Resources Department directly at crosshandsHR@dunbia.com
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.