Position: Lairage Operatives
Location: Dunbia Llanybydder
Closing Date: 23rd August 2019
Vacancies have arisen for General Operatives within the Lairage Department. The successful candidates will be involved in the intake of animals to the factory, ensuring Animal Welfare Standards are met at all times.
• Unloading animals on arrival at the site, adhering to training and policy at all times.
• Ensuring livestock intake numbers are correct.
• Ensuring that all appropriate intake paperwork is completed and correct.
• Monitoring all livestock for animal welfare issues and taking action if required.
• Ensuring the animals are provided with sufficient feed and water.
• Ensuring the animals are approved as fit for slaughter by the Onsite Vet.
• Maintaining the general cleanliness and tidiness of the Lairage.
• Involvement in departmental audits such as Animal Welfare and Animal Transportation.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
• Experience of working with livestock would be desirable.
• The ability to speak Welsh would be highly beneficial.
• Flexible and able to work weekends.
• Reasonable IT skills and familiarity with MS Office Applications such as Outlook and Word.
• Committed to working within the company values.
Applications must be submitted on our standard Application Form and demonstrate how the above criteria is met. Application Forms can be obtained from Reception or HR or by emailing LlanybydderJobs@dunbia.com Please note we do not accept CV’s.