The IT Technician is responsible for first and second level support for all Dunbia Cross Hands standard IT software and hardware. This position provides effective diagnostic evaluation of end‐user needs, responding to and resolving each issue or complaint to the end user’s satisfaction. Resolution includes but is not limited to the following: Identify, research, and resolve technical problems with a timely response to telephone calls, email, IT Service Desk and face to face requests for technical support. The position also requires accurate documentation, tracking and monitoring of the problem to ensure a timely resolution whilst ensuring business continuity.
- Provide quality service to Dunbia Cross Hands customers in all assigned tasks.
- Support all internal and external customers with product training, knowledge, and expertise.
- Provide solutions in a timely fashion for issues that may arise with all Dunbia Cross Hands systems.
- Log and track support calls raised on the IT Support Desk system prioritising and escalate jobs as required to ensure end user satisfaction.
- Identify trends in the support calls and develop documentation to address reoccurring problems and issues.
- Notify Team and Dept Manager of increasing trends, unusual activity, or repeated activity.
- Brief customers as well as management on the status of current resolution efforts and attend daily/weekly meetings as requested or required.
- Recommends means for product or system improvements including procedural steps, increased training, and enhanced documentation.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ’s resources via intranet and Internet to assist with end users’ issues.
- Assist other teams to initiate, design and manage effective support solutions as directed by our business needs.
- Assist with the development and testing of newly designed products and systems for operational integrity and functionality.
- Effectively communicate the ideas, expectations, and goals while working with and through others to achieve desired result.
- Involve other team members to establish best practices/decisions.
- Act independently when required.
- Maintain Dawn Meats Group IT values and policies.
- Management/Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- Provide quality service to Dunbia Cross Hands internal and external customers in all assigned tasks.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a technical support environment.
- Diagnostic and analytical skills for software and general information systems and application knowledge.
- Electro‐Mechanical knowledge.
- Strong computer literacy skills with an emphasis on software, hardware installation, Microsoft applications, VMWare, Data Base applications, Web Applications, and internet protocols.
- Strong hardware abilities with the understanding of terminology and functionality.
- Ability to multitask, a sense of urgency and the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Excellent telephone presence with organised follow‐up skills.
- Ability to be proactive and able to take direction and establish ownership projects tasks.
- Demonstrated networking skill.
- Ability to foster strong relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer focus i.e. a service‐oriented attitude.
- IT or Engineering degree although not essential would beneficial
- Prior Help Desk experience
- Licensing/certification is not essential although would be beneficial
Working hours Sunday-Thursday shift pattern made up of 11 hour and 8 hour working days. Please contact for full shift pattern
Out of Hours Working May be required to support the business needs.
Working Environment Work is usually performed in an office and within a shop floor Food Manufacturing setting.
Tools and Equipment Used Typical office and IT related equipment. Company Laptop, Mobile Phone and Remote Access Hardware Provided.
Travel Negligible, although may be required for off‐site technical training and travel between Dunbia Llanybydder near Lampeter where standard IR rates will apply.
- Digital dexterity and hand / eye coordination in operation of office equipment.
- Light lifting and carrying of IT equipment and in line with approved manual handling techniques.
- Ability to speak to and hear customers and / or other employees via phone or in person.
- Ability to converse with end users where English is a second language.
- Nest Pension
- Death in Service Benefit (Post 6 Months Probationary Period)
- Paid Annual Leave 28 Days per annum
- Free Car Parking
- Staff Shop
- Free Wifi Access
- Training Opportunities
- EE Perks
- Microsoft Discounts
- Provided PPE