Reporting to the Site IT Manager, the successful applicant will be enthusiastic and a key member of a production orientated IT team.
The post holder will be accountable for supervising the IT Support Helpdesk Team, working closely with all business functions to ensure effective IT service delivery.
- Oversee the effective running of the IT Service Desk (communication, toolset and people);
- Ensure all calls are resolved within agreed SLA’s and ensure calls are escalated when required.
- Regularly report site performance statistics to the Site IT Manager to ensure agreed service levels are being met;
- Liaise with Site IT Manager on all IT matters;
- Monitor and drive improvements in team performance relating to SLA’s and issue management;
- Be proactive in ensuring potential problems don’t arise; resolve quickly those that do;
- Assist in training helpdesk staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques.
- Provide training on new hardware and/or software applications as requested.
- Analyse helpdesk data to identify trends and reoccurring issues
- Manage the Helpdesk staff rota to ensure sufficient levels of cover at all times
- Involvement in both business and IT Projects as either Project Lead or team member
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Senior IT Technician in a Helpdesk environment
- Detailed knowledge of Emydex software and Technologies
- Hands on experience of factory hardware & software support, MS Windows, AD and MS packages;
- At least 3 years’ recent experience in a similar role;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a full driving licence.
- Previous experience of IT software solutions within the food industry;
- Prior experience of implementing and supporting LAN and WAN networking technologies
All candidates must be flexible and prepared to work additional hours when required to meet customer demand.
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.