Working closely and strategically with our site management team and the company HR team, you will be a key member of an ambitious, driven and innovative people focused department, with a focus on engagement and culture, while providing support and guidance for managers and colleagues on a wide range of HR matters. You will have responsibility for all aspects of the HR function within the Preston site, delivering a professional and efficient HR service, providing expert advice in relation to all HR matters, including establishing, maintaining and improving our people management practices.
- Provide strong leadership, support and guidance to the site management team
- Provide expert advice and guidance across a range of HR issues (generalist / specific expertise), designing and delivering high impact solutions that meet the needs of the business.
- Coach and build the capability of our managers to anticipate and pre-empt organisational issues and support them in developing solutions, particularly in key areas of absence management and performance management.
- Build a strong relationship with the internal client and work closely with all our colleagues to ensure that tools and policies are aligned, enhance employee engagement and ultimately improve performance.
- Support and update the organisation on all employee relations matters, trends, opportunities and HR projects
- Drive business performance through the use of data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of tools and policies and understand the landscape for further improvement.
- Support operational management in the preparation of a comprehensive manpower and resource plan for both permanent and temporary labour, dealing with seasonal fluctuations of site activity as required.
- Facilitate site based recruitment and selection at all levels, ensuring compliance with ethical audit requirements, statutory provisions and Dunbia’s specific needs.
- Work with the management team to bring the best solutions for employee retention and development, managing the talent process, with a key input into people decisions to manage our talent and risks for the business
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements with regard to employment contracts, terms of service, company handbooks and all other relevant documentation as required.
- Continually and proactively develop the skill and knowledge of the HR team to increase competencies as HR professionals
- Assess risk and identify gaps in our employee relation processes, taking responsibility for site investigations, disciplinary hearings, appeals and grievances, ensuring they are in line with best practice
- Ensuring compliance with HR ethical audit requirements as driven by our customers.
- Participate in relevant projects, leading and championing the people agenda.
- Keep up to date with external trends and best practice in the areas of expertise and HR more broadly.
- Continuously drive improvements in tools and policies through external market trends, insight and internal best practice.
- Be an ambassador for the function and represent the HR internally and externally to the highest standard
- Minimum of 5 years’ HR Generalist Management experience, with experience managing a HR team
- Previous experience operating as part of a Senior Management team
- Strong knowledge of UK Employment Legislation
- Ability to demonstrate experience of successfully working in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT / Excel skills
- Ability to work with and drive change amongst a diverse workforce
- Knowledge of the Ethical Trading Initiative in the Food Manufacturing Industry would be an advantage.
- Previous project management experience desirable
How To Apply:
Please submit an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job reference HR/PR0620
Closing date for receipt of applications is 30th June 2020