An opportunity has arisen for us to recruit an HR Onboarding Coordinator at our Highland Meats site, Saltcoats. Reporting to the HR Manager, the post holder will work the HR Adviser and HR Manager to support the site with all HR and Onboarding duties.
Main Duties- 70%:
- Manage the administration of the recruitment process, liaising with the local job center and other employment providers. Additionally, issuing of contracts for external and internal Hires
- Managing the right to work process to ensure all new starters are eligible to work in the UK
- Ensuring we have obtained satisfactory reference checks for all new starters.
- Facilitate company induction for all new starts, ensuring all paperwork is accurately completed in line with audit compliance, including adding all new starts on the system and processed through to payroll
- Keep up to date records of employee lockers and issue locker keys to new starts, ensuring process is accurately followed.
- Ensure availability of PPE for new starts, liaising in a timely manner with the appropriate person to order new supplies.
- Undertake the administration process for medical appointments through our Occupational Health Provider for all new starts.
- Manage the probationary period process
- Managing and promoting a consistent and fair internal movement process. Recording and processing changes as they occur
- Manage the exit interview process and analyse results and make recommendations where necessary.
- Support managers with their workforce and succession planning.
- Drive to attract and recruit great new talent to the site recruitment process providing the candidates with the best onboarding experience. Including communicating local marketing information for attraction of candidates where required.
- Work with the Group Recruitment Manager to ensure accurate use of the online vacancy pages, ensuring all candidates are moved through the relevant workflow and communicated to at relevant steps.
- Pre-screen candidates for suitability (including telephone interviews)
- Ensure all hiring managers are supported through the interview process and taking notes where required at interviews. Ensuring all job roles are filled according to the job specification within the set timeframes
Additional Duties – 30%:
- Human Resources
- Carry out routine administration tasks e.g. filing, photocopying, post, voicemails, employee requests
- To support Works council committees are effective and managed well by site
- To assist in the delivery of the new HR initiatives, policy, and procedure and to participate in projects that may arise
- To develop a culture where managers fully follow the people policies leading their teams to excellence
- To conduct regular 1:1 meeting with the supervisors to drive the people agenda and site/department objectives
- To provide and manage site onboarding KPI reporting metrics and provide data to HR advisor in line with group reporting deadlines
- Employee Relations – To assist site managers with ER requirements according to the discipline & Grievances policy to ensure compliance with all site policy and procedure, including participating in investigations and disciplinary meetings where appropriate, ensuring accurate meeting notes taken and Line Managers advised on employment law.
- Performance Management – Support to drive the performance management cycle for the site
- Coach and develop department manager to be self-sufficient in the performance management, discipline, grievance & absence management processes
- Comply with all HR ethical audit requirements as driven by our customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with multiple departments
- Organised with excellent time management skills, capable of confidently working to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrated a real interest in HR and recruitment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player with proactive “can-do” attitude
- Proactive, anticipating potential issues and dealing with them effectively
- Committed to becoming part of the Dunbia Highland Meats family, embracing our Company Mission, Vision and Values.
This is a full-time position
How to Apply:
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please email a completed application form to HRhighlandmeats@dunbia.com or post completed application forms to the HR Department, Highland Meats, Blakely Road, Saltcoats, KA21 5JQ
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.