Position: HR Officer
Location: Dunbia Cross Hands
Closing Date: 31st October 2019
We are seeking a determined and committed individual who can work as part of an ambitious HR team to make a positive contribution to the company’s future growth and development through the provision of HR generalist support. As the HR officer, you will work with the wider HR team to provide a full generalist HR service to the team on site. You will be responsible for a wide range of HR issues including Attendance Management, Recruitment & Selection, Employee Relations & Engagement, Performance Management, Ethics & Systems, as well as all other HR duties.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will be based at our Cross Hands site and will be responsible for:
- The professional recruitment, selection and retention of employees (including contract labour), up to management level;
- Supporting the change management process through sound industrial relations practice;
- The development and implementation of HR policies and procedures that meet the needs of the business and reflect sound HR practice;
- Role modelling a continuous improvement approach using meaningful people KPIs to ensure HR solutions add value and drive sustainable performance for the department and customers;
- Encourage and implement best practice initiatives to support and underpin the Company’s values whilst promoting the Employer Brand externally;
- Assisting and advising managers on Employee Relations matters, including writing letters for, taking notes and leading Disciplinary and
- Grievance hearings and providing advice, ensuring legislative compliance and best practice at all times and working within the guidelines of the Group Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures;
- Utilise a coaching style of leadership to build the capability of managers to handle situations with skill rather than managing the issue for them;
- Promote and support the business with compliance against relevant ethical and socially responsible trading requirements;
- Developing employee relations through effective employee communication and participation and involvement in employee forums and works council meetings
- Providing expert advice to managers and employees on a range of employment issues;
- To take a proactive and innovative approach to initiating and developing projects and initiatives within the HR function;
- Support the wider management team with engagement and involvement in site events and initiatives that are being launched such as health & wellbeing, Food safety awareness; and charitable activities
Your role will provide you with the opportunity to work on a wide range of business challenges in a busy HR environment.
The ideal candidate will have or demonstrate:
- Hold a third level qualification e.g. degree, HND or professional qualification;
- Working towards CIPD preferable;
- At least 3 years, recent, HR Generalist experience preferably gained in a similar role within a relevant industrial environment;
- Strong organisational skills with ability to plan workloads effectively to meet deadlines;
- Sound knowledge of current employment legislation;
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office & HR Systems;
This role operates on a Monday to Friday basis.
All candidates must be flexible and prepared to work additional hours when required to meet customer demand.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to HR Department, Cross Hands Food Park, Cross Hands, Llanelli, SA14 6RF.
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer