This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join one of Europe’s leading meat processing companies.
As a Health & Safety Officer, your knowledge and skills will be used to promote a positive Health and Safety culture in Dunbia Carnaby. Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation, as well as the site policies and practices are adopted and adhered. The role will support the Regional H & S Manager.
Salary is dependent upon skills, experience and knowledge and will be discussed at interview. The interview process may include 2 local interviews
- Responsible for H&S audits and inspections on site
- Monitoring and reviewing protective and preventative measures on site in relation to all aspects of H&S.
- Conducting Risk Assessments with support from the Regional H&S Manager and Site Operations Manager and implementing areas in which risk can be reduced
- Working alongside and supporting production in rolling out Safe Working Practices (SWPs)
- A proactive approach to H&S with the goal of reducing accidents and near misses on site by assisting in activities including writing and roll out of team briefs, toolbox talks and Task Observation Behavioural Evaluation Reports.
- General H&S reporting and raising awareness – liaising with Departmental Managers
- Responsible for H&S investigations and the collation of information
- Conduct low level H&S investigations
- Collecting and uploading specific H&S statistics and analysis for site, who will share with the Group.
- Assist with the organisation of site training i.e. accident investigation, manual handing, fire safety, first aid awareness etc.
- Controlling and maintaining the Dunbia H&S Management Systems for the Carnaby Site.
- Completion of Risk Assessments, COSHH assessments, and any other assessment required.
- Ensure the site is audit ready at all times.
- To work with a continuous improvement mindset.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Health and Safety or equivalent.
- The following qualifications are also desirable: Professional Membership IOSH/IEMA/CQI
- Computer literate on all Microsoft packages.
- Able to problem solve and have effective leadership and communication skills.
- A reliable team player with a strong proactive nature
- Able to use own initiative and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced working environment
- Able to apply Continuous Improvement on site.
- Immediate start
- On a main bus route – 131 bus
- Free car parking available
- Referral scheme in place to earn extra money
- Opportunities available to upskill
- PPE (Personal protective equipment) provided