This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join one of Europe’s leading meat processing companies.
As a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer, your knowledge and skills will be used to promote a positive Health and Safety culture in Dunbia Cross Hands. Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation, as well as the site policies and practices are adopted and adhered. The role will support the site HSE Manager.
- Assistance in undertaking H&S audits and inspections on site
- Monitoring and reviewing protective and preventative measures on site whilst support in the planning and implementation of these measures
- Conducting Risk Assessment and Safe Working Practices (SWPs) with support from the HSE Manager and consider how risk can be reduced
- Working alongside and supporting production in rolling out SWPs
- A proactive approach to H&S with the goal of reducing accidents / near misses by assisting in activities including writing and roll out of team briefs and Task Observation Behavioural Evaluation Reports.
- General H&S reporting and raising awareness – liaising with Department Managers
- Assist with H&S investigations and the collation of information
- Conduct low level H&S investigations
- Assist with the organization of site training i.e. accident investigation, manual handing
- Assisting in the development of the H&S Management System as well assisting Departments by use of Continuous Improvement tools.
- Completion of COSHH assessments
- Assist with Environmental Management such as waste streams, Energy KPIs and preparation of audits.
- To work with a continuous improvement mindset
- Maintain and improve the Environmental Management System on site to ISO 14001 standard
- Maintain and improve the Energy Management System on site to ISO 50001 standard
- Undertake audits on site to ensure our IPPC permit is being adhered to
Who we’re looking for
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Health and Safety or equivalent. The following qualifications are also desirable:
- Environmental and Quality qualification
- Professional Membership IOSH/ IEMA/ CQI
- Computer literate: Email, Word, PowerPoint and Excel are essential skills for the job role including report writing
- Problem solving leadership and effective communication skills.
- Good communication skills
- A reliable team player with a strong proactive nature
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced working environment
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required for this role, please forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the above criteria.
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.