This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join one of Europe’s leading meat processing companies.
As a Health, Safety and Environmental Officer / Adviser, your knowledge and skills will be used to promote a positive Health and Safety culture in Dunbia Cross Hands. Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation, as well as the site policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
- Assistance in undertaking H&S audits and inspections on site
- Monitoring and reviewing protective and preventative measures on site whilst support in the planning and implementation of these measures
- Conducting Risk Assessment and Safe Working Practices (SWPs) with support from the HSE Manager and consider how risk can be reduced
- Working alongside and supporting production in rolling out SWPs
- A proactive approach to H&S with the goal of reducing accidents / near misses by assisting in activities including writing and roll out of team briefs and Task Observation Behavioral Evaluation Reports.
- General H&S reporting and raising awareness – liaising with Department Managers
- Assist with H&S investigations and the collation of information
- Conduct low level H&S investigations
- Assist with the organization of site training i.e. accident investigation, manual handing
- Assisting in the development of the H&S Management System as well assisting Departments by use of Continuous Improvement tools.
- Completion of COSHH assessments
- Assist with Environmental Management such as waste streams, Energy KPIs and preparation of audits.
- To work with a continuous improvement mindset
- Maintain and improve the Environmental Management System on site to ISO 14001 standard
- Maintain and improve the Energy Management System on site to ISO 50001 standard
- Undertake audits on site to ensure our IPPC permit is being adhered to
- Degree in Health & Safety accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) or NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety. The following qualifications are also desirable:
- Environmental and Quality qualification
- Professional Membership IOSH/ IEMA/ CQI
- Computer literate: Email, Word, PowerPoint and Excel are essential skills for the job role including report writing
- Problem solving leadership and effective communication skills.
- Exceptional communication skills
- A reliable team player with a strong proactive nature
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced working environment
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV or complete an application form and submit to HR Department, Dunbia (Cross Hands), Cross Hands Food Park, Cross Hands, Llanelli, SA14 6RF. Tel. 01269 846480, email: firstname.lastname@example.org