An exciting opportunity has become available for a Group Packaging Technologist at Dunbia. The successful candidate must be a subject matter expert in packaging material technologies and packaging solutions with a responsibility for facilitating multi- discipline collaboration in packaging development with NPD, Technical, Purchasing and Sales. You will project manage new packaging development projects and identify new and innovative packaging concepts and validate whether they are commercially viable and fit for purpose.
In this role you’ll need to:
- Understand the packaging application alongside packaging specification of all packaging at Dunbia.
- Identify where packaging may be over-specified and take a risk-based approach to aligning specification to requirements in order to reduce environmental footprint and manage costs;
- Engage with key suppliers to develop and maintain eﬀective relationships, keeping up to date with new developments in supplier oﬀerings and materials technology;
- Engage with Packaging Technologist / packaging teams at key customers accounts to understand and inform customer packaging strategies and ensure constant alignment into Dunbia action plans;
- Provide packaging technical subject matter expertise and guidance and support to the NPD, technical and commercial teams;
- Project manage new packaging initiatives.
- Implement and maintain processes that ensure packaging development is controlled and aligned to customer and internal standards;
- Ensure new packaging initiatives are well communicated to key stakeholders;
- Test new packaging concepts and ensure these are fully tested and viable from an operational, technical and commercial viewpoint;
- Help organise / prepare packaging samples and presentations for customer meetings;
- Lead value engineering projects that review the end to end lifecycle of packaging to drive functional, environmental and economic benefits in packaging supply;
- Implement a packaging test programme that periodically validates packaging speciﬁcation and ensures packaging is ﬁt for purpose;
- Oversee the maintenance of a library of packaging specifications for the Group.
The right person will:
- have a Diploma in Packaging technology and or significant previous experience as a packaging technologist.
- Experience in project management, creating and managing critical paths.
- Organised and able to manage several projects at the same time.
- Knowledge on industry bodies and standards on packaging / existing and new legislation.
- Previous experience in packaging of fresh and frozen protein desired but not essential.
- Knowledge of plastic polymer science.
- Experience with paper-based packaging (corrugate & solid board).
- Knowledge of various print technologies and processes.
- Flexibility to travel across multiply sites and suppliers to accommodate business requirements.
- As this role is cross functional across sites and teams, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Computer literate.
- Must have good customer facing skills with a strong commercial awareness.
- Must be in possession of a full valid driving license and flexible to travel across multiple sites and supplier to accommodate business requirements.
- Able to enjoy working within a fast-moving environment with change and high expectations.
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the right skills and competencies, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll we contact with you to discuss your application.
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.