The Fresh Foods Operations Manager based at Cross Hands is accountable for leading an area of responsibility to achieve the performance of the factory ensuring operational effectiveness is maximized, ensuring KPIs are met, high technical standards are maintained, and quality standards are achieved, through the development of people, processes and systems.
This role has direct responsibility for Production and Intakes.
- Take full accountability for ensuring that orders placed are produced in full and despatched on time to the required quality standard and customer specification whilst maintaining a controlled cost base to deliver profits.
- Ensure that business objectives and performance targets are met and agree operational KPIs that ensure the site meets production efficiency, quality and yield targets.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing analysis of results to identify performance shortfalls and implement remedial plans as required.
- Build effective working relationships with all interested internal functions to ensure that FF Operations deliver the business requirements with a specific focus on regular and up to date liaison with buying – reference raw products, planning in terms of forecasting, technical and engineering.
- To remain up to date with all food safety legislation and key technical requirements, driving total compliance throughout the factory areas and personnel deployed therein, with a focus on HACCP.
- Deliver the production plan efficiently across the area of responsibility, maximizing yield and minimizing downtime and waste.
- Inspire the team to achieve volume, positive yield variance and general cost ambitions whilst ensuring quality standards are exceeded.
- Maintain an efficient productive department whilst adhering to all Environmental, Health & Safety and Quality standards as laid out in departmental and site policies and procedures.
- Experience at a management level within a fast-paced food manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrates an understanding of operating with integrity, of quality processes and systems and has high standards of compliance and quality.
- Holds a Food Safety Level 3 qualification.
- Demonstrates financial understanding and business acumen.
- Has a strong focus on needs of the customer and consumer together with a strong understanding of the processes and procedures needed to be implemented to achieve these needs.
- Knowledgeable and trained in people management practices including investigations, Disciplinary and Grievance procedures, Performance Management and Recruitment & Selection processes.
- Oversees compliance whilst demonstrating an understanding and awareness of HSE requirements.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV or complete an application form and submit to HR Department, Dunbia (Cross Hands), Cross Hands Food Park, Cross Hands, Llanelli, SA14 6RF. Tel. 01269 846480, email: firstname.lastname@example.org