A vacancy has arisen for a Forklift Driver at our Cardington site in Bedford. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a team to drive forklift trucks to transfer animal by products around the site.
- Operating forklift and pallet trucks.
- Moving product and scanning to the correct locations.
- Weighing products.
- Communicating with other departments.
- Maintaining the general cleanliness and tidiness of the yard.
- To undertake any reasonable additional requests made by Managers to ensure that the overall contract service standard is maintained.
- Ability to operate in accordance with needs which will also include the loading / unloading of trailers.
- Previous experience of using a FLT, with an up to date nationally recognised licence / qualification.
- The ability to work well both in a team and independently.
- Attention to detail, commitment and the ability to accept responsibility.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Basic computer operational skills are required to enable printing of and scanning of labels where appropriate.
- Committed to working within the Company Mission, Vision & Values.
This is a full time role, of 42.5 hours per week, the operational times are from 06.00 – 17.00 with a degree of flexibility in terms of the make up of the hours during these times. There is also an opportunity for overtime on Saturday mornings.
There are several roles available at present, including operating both in and outside. The indoor environment is at 3 degrees so an awareness of this would be advantageous.
After a successful probationary period there is a degree of flexibility for bonus and allowances to reflect the skill level of the operative.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.