We are actively seeking applications from individuals keen to take up a career within one of Europe’s leading food processing companies. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team, who have a desire to produce better food naturally.
Reporting to the Food Safety & Quality Compliance Manager, the Food Safety & Quality Compliance Technologist will co-ordinate, administer and report on the site’s product and environmental analytical testing, verification & validation programmes. Operating in accordance with regulatory principles, industry standards, customer and company guidelines. Supporting the Food Safety & Quality team in delivering an outstanding service to the site and its customers. Assisting with the administration and maintenance of departmental data collection and systems.
- To manage, maintain & review the sites analytical microbiological & chemistry testing schedules ensuring all requirements of relevant legislation, industry standards, customer codes of practice and company guidelines are satisfied.
- Trending of microbiological & chemistry testing results to feed into the departmental and site key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Co-ordination of any required microbiological / chemistry / hygiene verification & validation processes.
- Liaising with the commercial / sales team to ensure price sheet information is correct and up to date.
- To issue the sampling schedules to site on a routine basis, ensuring requirements are suitably communicated.
- Registration of all samples with 3rd party laboratories using cloud based systems and ensuring collection arrangements are in place.
- Reviewing laboratory results on a daily basis, analysing individual results and trends and reporting relevant information to the management team.
- Act as the site’s primary day to day contact with the external laboratory, highlighting any day to day issues with turn around times or service levels. Confident & diligent in the approach, knowing when to escalate.
- Providing results of analytical testing where required to assist in the investigation of any relevant customer complaints or adverse trends.
- To participate as required in activities concerning the development and promotion of a positive food safety & quality culture at site.
- To support the day to day activities of the Food Safety & Quality department.
- Supporting customer / third party audits on site as necessary.
- To complete reports, letters, documents or information assessments as required by the Food Safety & Quality Compliance Manager.
- To assist in the delivery of key business objectives & performance targets determined for the individual and the Food Safety & Quality Department, assisting in the performance of the whole site.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, legislative requirements and customer standards. Including Health & Safety and Food Safety.
- Ideally able to illustrate proven experience / knowledge in a similar capacity, preferably within a food manufacturing background.
- Have a clear understanding of food hygiene, food safety, quality management systems & audit etiquette.
- Compliance driven and ability to improve performance within the department & site.
- Possess excellent organisational skills with ability to plan workloads effectively to meet deadlines.
- Good standards of both verbal and written English language.
- Be able to demonstrate strong communication skills, confidence & commitment.
- Be able to develop effective working relationships with all departments
- Immediate start
- Free car parking
- Permanent Full-Time work
- PPE (Personal protective equipment) provided
How to Apply:
For a full job description of the role, please contact HR. If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV or complete an application form and submit to:
HR Department, Dunbia (Cross Hands), Cross Hands Food Park, Cross Hands, Llanelli, SA14 6RF
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training anddevelopment for both skilled and non-skilled positions.