Reporting strategically to the Group Engineering Manager and operationally to the Site Manager, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to join a leading food manufacturer to provide an effective engineering system that delivers performance targets and increases reliability.
You will possess knowledge of Health & Safety requirements to ensure that safe systems of work, risk assessments, statutory requirements and H&S legislation, along with a comprehensive understanding of Food Safety and Ethical Standards (BRC/SMETA) in relation to engineering.
You will coach, develop, and inspire your team members to perform at their best every day.
- Responsible for the planning, coordination, management, and monitoring of engineering and maintenance activities.
- Lead the development of departmental performance through effective use of KPIs.
- Planning and coordinating the workload for the maintenance team.
- Assessing key business needs and opportunities for improvements.
- Managing and controlling the overall maintenance budget including leading and delivering the site’s CAPEX projects whilst developing the long-term CAPEX plan.
- Monitoring downtime and establishing improvement plans.
- Monitoring and developing energy efficiency related projects.
- Ensuring all buildings, plant, and machinery are maintained to the highest possible standards whilst complying with relevant regulations.
- Ensuring all departmental staff is capable of undertaking the jobs at hand in a safe and capable manner, and in compliance with all company rules and regulations.
- Ensuring the Group Safety Management System is utilised at all times.
- Creating and developing safe systems of work, SOPs, and risk assessments in-line with company policy.
- Strong technical background with a qualification in either mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Previous leadership experience within a Manufacturing environment, specifically working in the food industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and develop a team of Site Engineers.
- Proven record in project management and delivering improvements.
- Understanding of commercial priorities and cost control.
- Committed to working within the Company Mission, Vision & Values.
How to Apply:
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please email a completed application form to LlanybydderHR@dunbia.com or post completed application forms to the HR Department, Dunbia Llanybydder, Teify Park, Lampeter Road, Llanybydder, Carmarthenshire, SA40 9QE.
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.