An opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Area Manager to join our Cross Hands team. The Engineering Area Manager will be tasked with training and developing a flexible, multi-functional team to ensure the productive and efficient running of our production lines. The Engineering Area Manager will effectively manage all personnel in their team, will provide a structure to the shift, will ensure the production lines are productive, efficient, and meet the day to day requirements of the production program. They will contribute to the efficiency and non-productive targets and will provide managerial support and key engineering resource to the shift. They will ideally come from a FMCG engineering background with an electrical bias.
• Ensure that engineering staff and on-site contractors carry out their duties safely, effectively and efficiently.
• Communicate with Production/Technical/HS&E teams to prioritize objectives.
• Ensure that all plant and machinery on site is maintained to a high standard, through following a schedule of planned maintenance and timely repair of equipment following breakdowns
• Excellent route cause analysis to ensure downtime is reduced to a minimum.
• Proactive fault finding and recommendation of engineering developments on all production lines to reduce downtime.
• To identify equipment, engineering and process developments, which could improve efficiency and productivity.
• To manage the installation, commissioning and snagging of equipment to ensure that capex targets are achieved
• Develop and lead a flexible approach to deliver a high performing team of employees, who can provide cover for each other in key areas.
• To lead the site engineering team to effectively deliver a world-class Engineering service and ensure the efficient production of Safe and Legal Food.
• To ensure the best possible resolution is achieved to those issues experienced, to meet the reliability requirements of the Bakery production schedules.
• To lead the Engineering team in providing essential maintenance operations, whilst maintaining Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards, abiding by GMP and food handling hygiene standards to provide maximum manufacturing efficiency of the site.
• Drives a quality culture at all times and in all activities. Takes appropriate action where standards are not acceptable. Ensuring all PPM activities are completed at the highest standard possible and in a timely manner. Actively participating with key stakeholders to continue to drive the best product quality.
• Lead and develop an environment of continuous improvement with a safety focus.
• Ensure accurate reporting processes are maintained and completed as per the standard requirements
• Lead engineering continuous improvement programmes to optimise volumes and capacity requirements
• Monitors departmental KPI’s and gives daily feedback to their teams on performance and proactively identifies what needs to be addressed to achieve site targets.
• More than 5 years’ engineering experience in FMCG manufacturing environment. Food/drink experience desirable
• Recognised engineering/technical qualifications eg. PUWER
• Additional electrical, mechanical, pneumatics and PLC knowledge / qualifications desirable
• Problem solving through creating innovative solutions
• Computer literate (SAP, Piranha, CAD)
• Excellent Communicator
• Leadership (Technical and the team)
• Able to operate in a fast-paced environment
• People Management
NEBOSH is advantageous.
4on / 4off shift pattern (6am-6pm)
How to Apply:
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV, complete an application form and medical form and submit to:
HR Department, Dunbia (Cross Hands), Cross Hands Food Park, Cross Hands, Llanelli, SA14 6RF
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.