Our Engineers are essential to the day to day operations of the business. They oversee the electrical and mechanical needs of the equipment and machinery required in the process of manufacturing food. They strive to maximise site productivity by engaging in preventive actions in reference to health and safety, good manufacturing practices (GMP), hygiene compliance, and performance of routine maintenance of machines and equipment.
As the industry is evolving and systems are becoming more automated, the need for equipment and machinery to be well maintained and available for use at all times is vital to production.
The role of an Engineer in food processing can be hugely varied and extremely rewarding, no two days are the same. Tasks may include carrying out both electrical and mechanical work such as planned maintenance activity, reacting to breakdowns, finding out and eliminating the root-cause of problems and working on continuous improvement projects. There is not much sitting behind a desk in this role, instead you will be hands on and, on the go, working in a fast paced, busy environment.
- Ensuring plant equipment is operated and functioning in the correct manner.
- Maintaining equipment on a daily basis to ensure it is fit for its intended purpose.
- Ensuring appropriate housekeeping standards are maintained on a daily basis.
- Continually developing to improve operations to drive improvements in quality, cost and safety.
- Assisting production with machinery problems and setups, providing relevant training when appropriate.
- Completing daily maintenance check sheets and job cards.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to plan workloads effectively to meet deadlines.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, commitment and the ability to accept responsibility are key in this role.
- Will be committed to working within the Company Mission, Vision & Values
- Monday to Friday
- 42 ½ hours per week
- Start time between 6 am – 8 am, Finish time between 3pm – 5pm
- Weekend Overtime at 1½ x hourly rate
- Weekly pay
- Staff Sales
How to Apply:
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please email a completed application form to HRhighlandmeats@dunbia.com or post completed application forms to the HR Department, Highland Meats, Blakely Road, Saltcoats, KA21 5JQ
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.