Working as part of our existing team, we require full time Despatch Operatives to assist with the efficient running of the Primary Despatch Department. Essentially, we are seeking determined and committed individuals who can impact on performance and make a positive contribution to the company’s future growth.
- Always ensure to display a positive attitude;
- Be aware of and work to departmental SOPs;
- Stack products correctly in chills;
- Select correct stock for assembling orders and transfer stock to despatch bay;
- Regular stocktaking and rotation of stock in chill storage;
- Scan all crates on every pallet prior to despatch;
- Check that correct number of crates on each pallet have been scanned and correct destination recorded;
- Process relevant documentation for each consignment;
- Load containers and ensure pallets have been scanned and checked prior to loading, enclosing documentation;
- Some associated duties in other departments when required, e.g. Loading Bay;
- Highlight any issues to your Supervisor/ Manager-if in doubt ask for help;
- Promote and maintain Health, Safety and Hygiene standards in accordance with company rules and regulations. No chewing on the production floor, no makeup, e.g. no hoods hanging out over boiler suit;
- Report any accidents/near misses;
- Work to a ‘clean as you go policy’, ensure the Despatch area is always kept clean and tidy in line with the cleaning plan;
- Other associated duties.
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative whilst working as part of a team striving to achieve high levels of customer service;
- Flexible approach to work and be prepared to work additional hours when required to meet customer demand.
- Good level of verbal and written English.
- Previous experience in the food industry is advantageous.
How to Apply:
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please email a completed application form to email@example.com
Dunbia is an equal opportunity employer and places a strong emphasis on training and development for both skilled and non-skilled positions.